Monday, October 15, 2012

Fellowship Thoughts

Since this blog is public facing, and I don't yet have permission to do so, I'm going to keep the names of the two men I share fellowship with off of this blog, for now.  I assume that they wouldn't mind being mentioned publicly, but I'd rather be sure, first.

One of the most important things I've come to find during my time of fellowship with these guys is an increase in accountability towards my faith in God and Jesus Christ.  Admittedly, I haven't made the right kinds of effort in getting my butt into a pew, though I realize that sentiment probably detracts from the real truth.  I don't go to church right now, I haven't in many years.  I intend on changing that pattern very soon, but it's something that weighs on my heart as I continue to dive more deeply into my faith.  It was uncomfortable for me to admit this to them today, and even more-so for me to say so openly.  However, if I'm going to be accountable for what I do (and don't do) I have to admit to my shortcomings.  Faith isn't always comfortable, or easy - and this admission is no exception.

I know I'll be in church, soon. I know I'll be in a church that will help me strengthen my relationship with God and Jesus in ways that neither strong fellowship or personal devotional time can.  I will need your prayers in helping me to ensure that "soon" really is soon, and not just an empty word without promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment