Thursday, March 7, 2013

Not Knowing What God Wants

I find my self in a bit of a frustrating situation tonight, and I know God expects us to get frustrated sometimes,so I've decided to share it with others.  I was at a restaurant today for lunch with my fellowship-at-work group.  We had a wonderful conversation, primarily revolving around God and His work in our lives.  The food was very good and fairly priced.  The dining experience and the company are not what frustrated me.  I'll get to the blessing of my frustration in just a minute - I do want to say thank you to God first because He truly has blessed the life I live.

My frustration stems from the waitress that we had.  She did an excellent job at her job, and I left her a fair tip because of it.  What I find frustrating is something I saw tattooed on her arm, "La vida es dolor" (Life is Pain).  Yes - we were eating Mexican today.  I'm not sure why God put this young woman in front of me.  My fear is that if I were to return to that place to do His work, she would think of me as some bible thumper and not really hear what I was trying to offer to her.  Even worse, I fear that I could take something so ordinary as a tattoo and turn it into an escalated situation where one isn't warranted.  This is what frustrates me about the situation.  God expected me to meet this young woman today.  He's placed a Mexican contractor in my team so that I can get better at Spanish.  Otherwise, I never would have had a remote understanding of this young woman's tattoo.  He wanted me to meet this lady today, I've asked Him why, and so far I have not heard a response.  I realize that He has a lesson, a test, and an assignment in this for me - I'm just a little stuck as to what that might be exactly.  I suppose I could bring His word to her, but if she's not ready to hear it, I don't know that it would do anything more than upset her to hear it.

I plan on bringing this up with my fellowship group on Monday - I'm heading out of town tomorrow before lunch.  However, as I sit and consider this situation, I really do feel like I am being asked to do something about it - perhaps all of us who met her today are.  Yet, I'm at a loss as to exactly what, and when.  Thank God for this test, for I am sure it is because He trusts me that He brought it to me.  Truly quite a blessing indeed, but God trusts me more than I feel like I'm equipped to handle at the moment.

Feel free to include your ideas, if you wish - because I, for one, am stuck.  As I pray about this situation more and come to taking action on it of some kind, I will be certain to journal about how it transpired.

Thank God for this day, and for the wonderful puzzles he presents to me in each one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment