Monday, November 24, 2014

Leap of Faith

God has blessed me and my family with an incredible financial opportunity, in the form of a new career path for me. While the financial benefit of taking this new role is rather obvious, the prior position I had provided significant emotional and professional fulfillment. I'll likely continue to find much of the same in the new place too, but a transition like this also means leaving Egypt to find... Hopefully the land of milk and honey.

I'm not always great at trusting God. He gave me an independent spirit and a strong intellect, so letting go and letting God tends to give me some of my greatest struggles. I want to have control of all of the variables as I change roles. Instead, I need to pray about all of them, and then let God take the reigns. Some of the things that came to us easily before have become more challenging now. It's definitely a stress inducing situation to start a new job when my family is so much bigger now, newly within the last year. Suffice it to say that there's not much of the same life for me as a year ago. Sure I still have the same wife and same house. But things are dramatically different from before.

God has provided us strength so far. I can say we've hit some low and weak points recently though. Change is hard. Thankfully I can trust Him through the whole ordeal. And I know that at the end of the day all of this will just glorify Him, as best I know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment